I see a bunch of my blog friends have been doing something called Weekly Winners. They pick their favorite photos from the last week and post them. It's been neat looking at all the pictures. I go through cycles with my picture taking. Sometimes the camera is glued to my head for weeks on end and at other times I just can't seem to remember to take pictures. Somewhere in the middle is where I am now. I've only been taking pictures of "big" occasions - Halloween, Thanksgiving, etc. Then it takes me forever to remember to get the pics off the camera. (Hey - part of that is due to the injury. All the camera software is on the PC which is downstairs. I've been blogging and doing almost everything from the laptop since the big fall. Furthermore, there are only so many good pictures that one can take from the couch - I've been sitting in this spot for a month and am completely sick of it and the view.) Anyway, I've really been enjoying all your photos and maybe will join the game.....sometime.
We're going to put up the tree today. That's picture worthy. I love having the Christmas tree up. It's a pain in the butt with the cats and world's tiniest living room, but it still looks so pretty. It will help the view from the couch immensely!
Noah and I were eating baby carrots yesterday and talking about what different animals eat. Here was his contribution:
"Blueberry dogs eat blueberries and they live in a blueberry world."
Maybe not exactly true, but it makes a wonderful mental image.
"...there is nothing more destructive of the human psyche than to be forced to doubt the veracity of what one's own elementary observations demonstrate, simply because they conflict with a prevailing and unassailable orthodoxy." Dr. Theodore Dalrymple
12.09.2007
Weekly Non-participant
at
9:15 AM
Labels: Just Me Ranting, Kids, Photos
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
I love having the tree up, even if I don't spend enough time in the same room.
It has been good for me and bad for me to participate in Weekly Winners...I take more pictures...bad and good. Bad for my computer's already strained computer, good for my mental health and joy. After all, it was because of blogging that I got that shot of my Mom eating ice cream. I don't know if I will be participating every Sunday...I already have 8,000 photos on my computer...
I love your son's blueberry comment!
Hi Tasina,
Are you still going to put up that picture of your tree? I'm sure I'm not the only one waiting to see it! I put up ours today, and it's ever so pretty. I just love all the lights!!
Kat...oh...ummm....yeah...real soon.
Post a Comment