I'm just going to complain and whine and ramble aimlessly around in this post so feel free to skip it.
This weekend and the last were the ONLY two weekends I had any plans this entire winter. So of course we had blizzards both times. Ugh. Someone come back to this site in mid-June and remind me why I moved to South Dakota. (It's because mid-June in St. Louis is kind of like living on the sun - but with 100% humidity.)
I really have nothing else to say. I've been playing over at MySpace quite a bit. I've also been looking for new templates for this blog. Can't really find anything a) that I like or b) is easy to upload. I think I've been to every blog template site in the known universe. I found one really nice one, but it pushed the columns all the way over to the left side and I didn't like that at all. I'm sure there's a way to fix that problem, but it seems to complicated and not really worth the effort. For those of you who are kind enough to offer free blog templates, can I offer you one suggestion? Please make your sites easier to search. I'm sure there are lots of templates I would love, but I don't want to page through 16,000 thumbnails to find them.
I'm hoping we can get out of town tomorrow. The storm is over, but there is apparently no plan in this ENTIRE STATE for snow removal. This is city is the worst place I've ever seen for the lack of snow removal. We had a decent day where everything was getting slushy and they did nothing. Why not scrape the streets down? Because then later that night it snowed again so we had fresh snow on top of rutted, lumpy, re-frozen slush. It certainly makes driving an adventure. I'm sure it's REALLY awful for my husband - I am not a fun passenger. I'm given to gasps and winces and obnoxious (and obvious) suggestions. The dear, sweet man must go through an enormous amount of self-restraint to not slap me silly.
I just read a news story that there is going to be a TV show made about those cavemen from the Geico commercials. My mom will be so disappointed - she has a really weird love for that little gecko they use in the commercials. I even searched all over the internet for a little figurine of that thing to get her for her birthday. All I could find were stuffed animals and bobble-heads that looked nothing like the commercial character.
We just watched a great movie called "The Dancer Upstairs." It stars the ridiculously hot Javier Bardem and was directed by John Malkovich. It's a story about an honest detective in an unnamed Latin American country who is trying to find a communist terrorist. It's loosely based on the Shining Path movement in Peru. I really love the movie (not just for the terribly sexy Javier). Kind of a slow-paced, introspective film. Beautifully shot. Near the beginning of the movie there is an unexpectedly hilarious quip about cat lovers (spoken by the dreamy Mr. Bardem). The line is made more funny by the fact that it's not a comedy at all. If you can find this movie I highly recommend it.
Wow - I hope no one thinks I'm going to start stalking that actor.
This is the most boring post I've ever done - I apologize!!!
"...there is nothing more destructive of the human psyche than to be forced to doubt the veracity of what one's own elementary observations demonstrate, simply because they conflict with a prevailing and unassailable orthodoxy." Dr. Theodore Dalrymple
3.02.2007
I hate winter
at
11:16 PM
Labels: Just Me Ranting, Movies, News
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment