Since the post I just did was so boring, here's another recipe. Also, I can make things other than Italian, but I really like these. Maybe next time I'll put up a different kind. I got this recipe from All-Recipes. It's a great site. This is a wonderful, simple, fresh-tasting pasta sauce. Very light and spring-like.
Ingredients
1 lb Roma tomatoes blanched, peeled, seeded, and chopped (or cheat like I do and buy a can of petite diced)
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
4 stalks green onion, chopped
1 small jar of marinated artichoke hearts
Salt and pepper to taste.
After chopping all the vegetables (I usually chop the artichoke hearts too - this is an incredibly messy procedure), saute them over medium heat until soft. I drizzle the pan with olive oil and probably about 2-3 tablespoons of the marinade from the artichoke hearts. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve over your favorite pasta and garnish with cheese.
This is a very simple but extraordinarily tasty sauce. We almost never use any other kind of sauce on our pasta. The fresh tomatoes are the best, but canned work fine if you don't want to go through all the work of blanching, peeling, etc. We usually serve this over cheese ravioli with a nice Italian sausage. There's a brand we can find here that has mozzarella and artichoke mixed in the sausage. This sauce can also be chilled and makes a wonderful salad dressing. Unlike my other recipes, I really would NOT recommend making changes to this (other than the canned tomato thing). It's very simple, but the flavors just seem to meld so perfectly. I'm a big fan of experimenting with wine, balsamic vinegar, spices, etc., but sometimes it's best to just enjoy something simple and good.
"...there is nothing more destructive of the human psyche than to be forced to doubt the veracity of what one's own elementary observations demonstrate, simply because they conflict with a prevailing and unassailable orthodoxy." Dr. Theodore Dalrymple
3.02.2007
Another recipe
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Niece - Chuck's going to Pierre tomorrow and I'm going to have him get the ingredients for supper. Sounds pretty dang yummy. I'll give you a review later. Love-AS
Post a Comment