"...there is nothing more destructive of the human psyche than to be forced to doubt the veracity of what one's own elementary observations demonstrate, simply because they conflict with a prevailing and unassailable orthodoxy." Dr. Theodore Dalrymple

1.11.2007

Hmmmmmm

I tried to reply to the posts that Kat and Mom left earlier and it didn't work. Pretty sad when you can't work the features on your own blog. I'll try again later. Well here's a couple of equally stupid news clips, a scary one, and a hopeful one:

I can't decide if this is really cool or abysmally dumb. But mostly I wonder how the fish feel about it!!

I think that if you poke a hole in your Picasso, you don't freakin' deserve a payoff. What an idiot.

Don't give cough medicine to babies. Wish I would have known that when my boys WERE BABIES. Jeez.

Sen. Johnson improving. Wishing him all the best. (At least until he votes for something I don't like, and then I will wish him ill - but only like a cold - and no cough medicine for him either. Is this too bitchy? Is it bad to cuss on your blog? How did I get off on these topics?)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This fish/toilet tank idea is going cost cat owners a fortune! Remember the video clip being circulated about the internet filmed by a disgruntled pet owner who went on vacation, then came home to a huge water bill. It seems the problem was their cat, who got his jollies out of flushing the toilet for hours on end. This fish/toilet tank is gonna make cats think that if they flush the toilet, they might be able to snag a tasty morsel on its way down the drain. $299 is a good price, but what about the hidden costs???? The manufacturer should post this warning eh?

Kat said...

The thing I'm wondering about the toilet tank entertainment system is, how do they keep the temperature consistent for the fishies? I get that there are two parts, and the fish live in the outer section, but every time you flush the toilet, heat would get pulled out of the outer ring into the fresh cold water that came through the pipes, cooling down the fish tank and making poor little Nemo need to put on a sweater. My other question is whether you have to clean the bowl more often because the periodic infusion of warm water makes the bacterial toilet bowl inhabitants live long and prosper.

Tasina, you do have an eye for the comic and weird. That's a talent I appreciate. :-)

Tasina said...

Bubba - If I got this for my tank, it would probably cost me a fortune in cat therapy. They're already weird enough, so I think I'll let it go. (I actually did have a vet diagnose one of my cats as neurotic.)

Kat - great, next time my Mom tells me I'm weird or that I like weird things, I'm going to refer her to you!!

Anonymous said...

I'd be happy to see Twister and Sinatra flushed downt the toilet!

Tasina said...

Sioux Lady - HEY...that's not very nice! :(