A couple of posts back, I challened Kat to think up a name for a herd of mutant deer. My contribution was a "freak of mutated deer." I think her responses are way better and way funnier:
Basic: a quirk of mutant deer
Culturally dated: The monstrosities formerly known as deer
Generic: a fold of refabricated fauna
Foretelling of doom: a harbinger of hinds
Overly dramatic: a horde of hair-raising harts
Strictly alliterative: a drove of deviant deer
Gross: dinner
I've not seen any amazing news stories in the last couple of days. I did see an amazing new movie out on DVD. It's called "The Illusionist" and stars Edward Norton, Paul Giamatti, Rufus Sewell, and Jessica Biel. Absolutely wonderful romance/mystery. Even if you wind up not being wild about the plot, the acting is superb and the cinematography is just breathtaking. You feel as if you're watching a very old movie in terms of the lighting and mood. Next time I get near Wal-Mart (which is WAY too often), I'm going to buy this one. Four stars.
Speaking of four stars. I need some sort of rating system. Stars are boring. And no, Mom, I'm not going to do the cigarette test. (My mom rates a movie she sees in the theater by how many times she leaves to go smoke - e.g. One smoke is a pretty good movie, four smokes she might as well stayed home). Maybe I'll have my hubby graphic design something up for me.
"...there is nothing more destructive of the human psyche than to be forced to doubt the veracity of what one's own elementary observations demonstrate, simply because they conflict with a prevailing and unassailable orthodoxy." Dr. Theodore Dalrymple
1.10.2007
Return of the mutant deer!
at
6:00 PM
Labels: Just Me Ranting, Movies
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
How fun; I made the front page! Thanks for the link. :-)
A movie rating system is a good idea, and while I think your mom's cigarette test is hilarious, it's kind of a "negative scale" thing, isn't it? In keeping with the mutant deer theme, maybe you could have a movie rating system and graphic based on how many legs the deer has. Four legs for an average flick, two for one that isn't going anywhere, and six for a runaway hit (although that might get it confused with a horror film...) Hmmm, probably too confusing. I'm stumped, but it'll be fun to see what you come up with.
Drat that Kat! I was gunna suggest deer legs! Ah, well . . . great minds . . . If not cigs, how about champagne glasses. One glass - not worth popping the cork. Two glasses - some educational (nutritional)value. Three glasses - beats ER re-runs. Four - time to really celebrate!!!
I'm still looking for a cap caption.
Post a Comment