"...there is nothing more destructive of the human psyche than to be forced to doubt the veracity of what one's own elementary observations demonstrate, simply because they conflict with a prevailing and unassailable orthodoxy." Dr. Theodore Dalrymple

5.12.2007

Wisconsin

Who remembers the mutated deer from a few posts back? Well now we have mutated calf. It has two noses. I was going to put the picture link in, but it's pretty gross - Google it if you really need to see it. Again I have to ask what the heck is going on in Wisconsin? I'm getting a little afraid of that state. If I see another Wisconsin mutation story, I may move - they're only two states away!!!

Don't trust the sunscreen. The article says, "The best clothing for sun protection is tightly woven, thick garments made of denim, wool or polyester, not cotton, linen or acetate." I don't want skin cancer, but I don't think I'm going to run around covered head to toe in wool this summer. Have these scientists every been outside??? So maybe you won't get skin cancer, but you'll die from heat exhaustion. Since the cancer seems like a slower death, I'll pick that! There's a lot of sunshine in Wisconsin - maybe they should cover their deer and cows in wool or denim.

Skinny people are fat on the inside
. Well that sure gives us chubbies a cheap thrill!



2 comments:

Kat said...

I think it must be some sort of cheese-related enzyme run amuck, that’s finding its way into the water supply in Wisconsin and causing all the freakiness. You’re probably safe in your state, but you might want to make sure you buy Tillamook cheese (it’s from Oregon) instead of the Wisconsin variety. Of course, the only other option is that Area 51 is just a cover-up for the real alien landing site that’s located just outside of Madison, where government scientists, in cooperation with aliens from the planet Narfmurt, are playing genetic pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey (or leg, or nose—you get the point.) In that case, there’s probably nothing you can do but wait to start sprouting extra limbs, and hope that they’re in useful places. :-)

Tasina said...

A friend from college told me that one of her profs asked a class where they would put an extra eye. Everyone said on the back of their head, but my friend said she'd like one on her hand so that she could peek around corners and look for stuff under the couch more easily. I thought that was actually pretty clever of her. Also I heard a comedian once say that womens' breasts should be on their backs to make dancing more fun. Typical guy - dancing might be more fun, but breastfeeding would be impossible.