"...there is nothing more destructive of the human psyche than to be forced to doubt the veracity of what one's own elementary observations demonstrate, simply because they conflict with a prevailing and unassailable orthodoxy." Dr. Theodore Dalrymple

4.02.2007

A Big 4 Kid




Today my little baby turns 4. He's been going on and on about being "a big 4 kid" now. This little guy is such a joy. His older brother made me learn to be a grown up, but Noah has sure made me learn to enjoy it. It's funny to me how different my two boys are. Noah is much much much more mercurial than his brother. But he's funny, and whip-smart, stubborn, cute, wild, naughty, and nice all rolled into one. He is also very very very much a daddy's boy. But that's ok with me - a) it's something that every boy should have and b) when he wakes up at 2 in the morning, he doesn't want me!!! You never think when you love one kid so much that you could ever love another, but amazingly, your heart just grows and grows to make room. I can't imagine a world without Noah. Happy Birthday my love.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A perfect boy from any only slightly flawed girl and I say that only because I took care of you when you were younger than Noah and I had to clean up the chocolate ice cream you'd smeared all over your body.