I don't have much luck in March and April. Bad months for me.
1993 - My son goes into the hospital with rotovirus, every appliance in my house broke down - VCR, fridge, washing machine, had to get the tie rods fixed on my car, and then it all culminated with my uncle dying.
2007 - My aunt dies, my dad gets very sick, my dad goes into the hospital, my cat's ear like blows up, and, as I type this, we are in the first tornado watch of the season.
Nine days left in this month - keep your fingers crossed for me that nothing else happens.
Here's a happy article for you:
I am now a fan of the Miss America pageant. Good for you lady.
"...there is nothing more destructive of the human psyche than to be forced to doubt the veracity of what one's own elementary observations demonstrate, simply because they conflict with a prevailing and unassailable orthodoxy." Dr. Theodore Dalrymple
4.21.2007
March/April Blues
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I think I know how you feel. I have certain times of the year that also have been the traditional times for things to go wrong in my life, and I think I breathe a mental sigh of relief when those months have finally passed by for the year. April/May is such a time for me. Even though I love the spring, I think I sometimes mentally hold my breath until it's over. I was so sorry to hear about your dad. We have been remembering to keep him in our prayers, which, since I know we don't share the same faith, I hope you will take as the equivalent to keeping our fingers crossed for your family. :-)
Pretty good show by the former Miss America. I hope I hold it together that well when I'm her age!
Warm wishes are always welcome, no matter what the form. He is doing MUCH better and seems well on the road to recovery.
One week until May!!!
Post a Comment