"...there is nothing more destructive of the human psyche than to be forced to doubt the veracity of what one's own elementary observations demonstrate, simply because they conflict with a prevailing and unassailable orthodoxy." Dr. Theodore Dalrymple

8.19.2008

LOL LOL LOL

The following video is Dylan's first time driving a stick shift. I apologize for the cussing!

(And just so you don't think I'm a total jerk for giggling at my kid, let me admit that the first time I tried to drive a stick, I wiped out a volleyball net. Luckily no volleyball players were harmed. Also, I'm so old that we didn't have fancy schmancy video cameras to record my silliness.)




Here are Dylan and Noah at the water slide park

4 comments:

The Mom Jen said...

That is hilarious, reminds me of my learning lol!! I had the car I wanted so badly sit in the driveway for months until I learned to drive stick!

K. said...

Hey - that was seriously not that bad! Of course, when I learned stick shift my lessons started with my older brother, who passed me on to my Dad, and finally my mother gave it a try. It finally took a conversation with my best friend who had just learned how to drive it a month earlier (so it hadn't become as natural and ingrained to her, so she was really better at explaining what the feel of it was like) for me to really get it.

That slide looks so much fun. If I had watched that video a few days ago when it was over a hundred degrees here, I think it might have made me cry.

lynda w said...

I'm impressed with how patient you were with him. I'm going to send my kids your way when it's their turn!

Anonymous said...

He got WAY further than me w/ a stick. I didn't make it out the parking lot.