"...there is nothing more destructive of the human psyche than to be forced to doubt the veracity of what one's own elementary observations demonstrate, simply because they conflict with a prevailing and unassailable orthodoxy." Dr. Theodore Dalrymple

2.26.2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

16 years ago, at about exactly this time, I met the most wonderful person who changed my life completely. The first time I saw Dylan's beautiful face, I knew I would never be the same. I took one look at him and felt every emotion imaginable. I knew that my life was no longer only about me, but that I now had another human being to care for and to look out for and whose needs would always come before mine. I'm sure it was not ideal for him to have such a young and ill-prepared mother, but I think we came out ok. Dylan is smart, funny, generous, loving, kind, witty, talented, handsome, and unbelievable big-hearted. I didn't think it would be possible to love him more than I did at the first moment I saw him, but somehow every day I do. Now that he's a young man, I can see so much about him to admire. He's a much kinder and thoughtful person than I've ever been.

Dylan, I love you!!!!

2 comments:

Kat said...

Awwwwwww!!

Anonymous said...

He looks the same as the 2 year old I remember!

Can't say the same about mine...he has changed SO much. Next month he turns 18.

Does that make me officially "old"?