Dear DNA,
Did you forget that a large part of our make-up is Native American? I know this puts us at all sorts of risks for terrible things like diabetes and other fun diseases. But there's supposed to be some give and take. I'll look out for the diabetes thing and you allow me to get a decent tan. What's that you say? Irish genes? Well, yeah....we have some. What??? That's no fair!!! Why do I get the Native American propensity to get diabetes (gestational only so far) AND the Irish trait of frying like an egg in the sun???? What a rip-off.
No wonder I almost flunked science. I guess I'll go buy some sunscreen.
A very disgruntled and in a lot of pain,
Me
"...there is nothing more destructive of the human psyche than to be forced to doubt the veracity of what one's own elementary observations demonstrate, simply because they conflict with a prevailing and unassailable orthodoxy." Dr. Theodore Dalrymple
5.26.2008
Genetics
at
11:44 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Hey you and Whisky in my Sippy Cup went to the same outing!
I did this to myself a few weeks back at the beach and i'm olive skinned so I didn't think i'd burn so bad!
I would LOVE to be amongst your blogrollies!! Thanks! ;)
Oh. Ouch. Ouch. Ouch.
Genetics is a goofy science. I sometimes wonder why I got the short gene from my mom and the big feet gene from my dad. And lots of other things that I think kind of could have gone a better way. I've mostly made my peace with it, but I'd love to know who is responsible for my lack of boobs if all the women I've met in my family have been, um, endowed pretty damn well, thank you very much. TMI? Just saying, genetics are screwy.
Thinking cooling thoughts.
NO...that is not fair. It's funny looking at my dad's family They are all Northern Italian. 1/2 tan REALLY well and have olive skin..the other half burn like an Austrian. It's a coin toss isn't it?
How are you doing between surgury and sunburn? Feel better k?
Peace,
Diva
Ouch! I'm so sorry :( Aloe and sunscreen.
Hope it feels better soon.
Post a Comment