"...there is nothing more destructive of the human psyche than to be forced to doubt the veracity of what one's own elementary observations demonstrate, simply because they conflict with a prevailing and unassailable orthodoxy." Dr. Theodore Dalrymple

5.31.2008

Epic Fail

If you ever want a really good laugh, head on over to Fail Blog. They've got some really funny stuff on there.

In other fail news, I've been chain-smoking for about 72 hours straight. My throat feels like it's made of ground glass....and lava. I'm not going to go into what's making me do this...mostly because it's waaaaaaaaaay too long to type out. haha But I do have a plan.

I think I have one refill left on my original Chantix prescription. I need to call Walgreens and check. If not, I'll call my doctor on Monday and get another prescription. I do not want to be a smoker again.

I hate this.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found the Fail Blog last week and fell madly in love. Between that, the GraphJam and LOLCats, I'm pretty well set on humor.

Um, yah, the smoking thing. You have my number if you feel like chatting. Sometimes it takes more than one go before quitting for good, and the experience, at least in my own experience, does carry forward to the next time. I don't want you to become a smoker again, too. You can go either way, really. I shouldn't say this, but since you are smoking, have a drag for me. I'd love one, but I wouldn't love one, you know?

Mz Diva said...

Tanisa,
I just wanted to say hi and let you know that you have my support if you need it. Your kind words in the beginning of my quitting smoking still mean a lot. I don't think I would be where I am without blogging, the support of other bloggers trying to quit and of course, Chantix.

I used to feel like a failure when I would try to quit something and go back to it, but looking back at my life, I have had to fail on multiple occasions before I was successful at reaching whatever goal I had set. Lets see, I was in drug rehab three times, quit smoking like ten times (and to be honest, never REALLY wanted to quit smoking!) About fifteen years ago, I lost over fifty pounds and kept it off for over ten years. I had a leg injury and was on crutches for two months and in physical therapy for months after that. At that point, I became unmotivated to continue with the lifestyle change and the weight slowly crept back on. Right now, I am really struggling with the weight thing and I am psyching myself up to make another one of those "lifestyle changes" that is needed for me to "stay quit" or at least be willing to do things differenly concerning diet and exercise. I know that if I want to lose weight I am going to need to do certain things....I just have not been willing to do them yet but am getting close.

I am really glad to hear you have a plan because that is the first step. I am glad you are going to refill you script soon. Good luck!
Peace,
Diva

K. said...

Hey girl - you are a strong, amazing woman and I know you'll get yourself back on track with the non-smoking. Don't give up and don't beat yourself up about it. It's less a failure and more a part of the on-going process, I think.

Momisodes said...

Oh man..thanks so much for posting that link. Loved those pics.

So sorry to hear about the relapse. I hope whatever is on your mind eases up for you soon.

The Mom Jen said...

Stay strong!! Give your self a break and try again.

South Dakota Mom said...

Fail blog was funny. Get to Walgreens.

Anonymous said...

I'll have to check that out..
I want to quit but I don't know if I hate it enough yet...I don't know. Good luck to you!!

Dirty Laundry Diva said...

I love the Fail blog! Good luck with the smoking thing, it's a hard habit to shake.

Tara R. said...

You can't just give us a morsel like that "I've been chain-smoking for about 72 hours straight" with no back story! Good luck kicking the habit, I watched my dad do it... I know how tough it is.

Kat said...

Sorry. :-( I hate that you're hating this. I'm glad you have a plan.

Anonymous said...

Hey girl, I keep coming back to your blog each day to see if you have any updates..I haven't commented yet on your blog, but I am one of those silent lurkers sometimes, usually because I'm at work and have to be ready to instantly close an internet window at any time.
Anywayzzzz I'm worried bout ya. You don't sound happy at all in this blog. But what you need to remember is it's not anything you can't reverse.
Also, think of how much you have accomplised so far. It's easy for us to forget the good stuff.
So, either way, whatever you are up to, don't keep us in the dark.

Lot of us out here rooting for you. :)

lynda w said...

Just because you slip up, does NOT mean you've failed.

Ok, here's my little confession that I HAVE TOLD NO ONE! It seems appropriate to share now. On Christmas Eve I smoked half a cigarette. My hubby and I shared the last one that was left. It was awful. I hated it. I hated myself. I came inside and went straight to the shower, depositing my stinky clothes in the washing machine on the way.

I didn't let it make me fail though. I accepted that I slipped up and got right back on track. And while I hope I never slip up again, I'm not going to say never. You can, too!

Get to Walgreens, Girlfriend! We're here for you! (If all else fails, I'll bring my bucket of margarita over to share.)

K. said...

Hey Tasina - just a little check in. You've been too quiet, and the blog world needs you. You know, when you're ready. No pressure. Just wanted to remind you we exist. Did I ever mention my abandonment issues... :P

Seriously, normally I wouldn't worry too much but you kind of left us on a vague and downbeat sort of note. So I just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you and hope to see you around here soon.

Konstantin said...

Tasina!! If you still smoke, who cares, just post something! The fact that you failed your last quit doesn't make you a lesser person or anything! Every day we are/were quit counts! The fact that you didn't make it the last time only means you'll make it the next time! So now, please come back and share something funny, coz I know you have a lot of funny stuff to share, c'mon your son is a riot and your life is a comedy! :) Muah!